Wednesday 13 March 2013

Why Necker Island?

Necker Island is a 74 acre island in the British Virgin Islands just north of Virgin Gorda. The island is owned and was built by Sir Richard Branson, who is famous for the Virgin brand. The island is occupied by 60 staff members, 200 flamingos, and is entirely surrounded by coral reef. 

I initially saw Necker Island on TV, as Richard Branson has been known to rent it out to celebrities. Google co-counder Larry Page was married there in 2007. After further research, I could see why this is such a sought-after vacation destination. As you can see from the images below, the island is a picturesque oasis that is both private and luxurious. With beautiful beaches, infinity pools, and spa amenities, there is truly no other place I would rather spend time. 

If I were to visit Necker Island, this is what my daily schedule would resemble:

10am: Wake up (I am a late riser!)
10:30am: Breakfast overlooking the ocean
11am: Hit the beach!
2pm: Quick lunch
2:30-6pm More beach time or water activities such as waterskiing, kayaking, and kite surfing
7pm: Dinner

Repeat the next day!

I am an extremely lazy tourist, and most enjoy vacations that involve tons of relaxation time. I love the heat and am a true water lover, so the idea of spending all day at the beach is heaven!





No comments:

Post a Comment